If you have just arrived at The Library in Purgatory, the first chapter is here.


"I never found the girl, I never got rich. Follow me."

~Leonard Cohen

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Album- Iraq road Trip Mk 2


Iraq Road Trip Mk 2— The Day After Tomorrow


I finished my playlist for the last Iraq Road Trip album while I was in Kabul. It represented the last of what I had set out to say about the whole enterprise with the first album. It was done and I was happy with it. And then, as fate would have it, my computer crashed and I lost the whole thing. I have done my best to reconstruct it from memory; those marked with an asterisk were DEFINITELY on the original playlist, the others have been added since. I haven’t finalized the selection or order yet and will get around to it one of these days. I also haven’t gotten around to putting together the album cover, though it will likely be something along the lines of what I have included here. Honestly, it just isn’t quite the same, which is probably why I haven’t gotten around to finishing the thing up. Somehow it seems a fitting, if sad, analogy for the whole mess of Iraq— art imitating life.


Time to Relax / Offspring

*Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) / Nancy Sinatra

Knights of Cydonia / Muse

*Seven Nation Army / The White Stripes

Exploration in Terror / The Ventures

Desperados Under the Eaves / Warren Zevon

*Sort it Out / The Caesars

*Theme to a Fake Revolution / Powerman 5000

Battle Without Honor or Humanity / Tomoyasu Hotei

*Sundown / Gordon Lightfoot

*Fell on Black Days / Soundgarden

Bite the Hand that Feeds, pt. 2 / Agent Orange

*That’s Showbiz / Reverend Horton Heat

Drunken Lullabies / Flogging Molly

*Reel Ten / The Plugz

Games Without Frontiers / Peter Gabriel

Since You’ve Been Gone (So-Damn, we miss you) / The Caesars

*Wake Me Up When September Ends / Green Day

*This is the New Shit / Marilyn Manson

*Day After Tomorrow / Tom Waits

*Free / Powerman 5000




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.